By The Thai Experience
One of the most popular items on our sharing platter is an English inspired take on a classic Thai finger rood that goes perfectly with the seafood dip or tamarind dip.
Singha Beer Battered Fish Balls
Light soy sauce
1. Cut the fish into 5 cm portions.
2. Prepare the marinade mixing light soy sauce, juice of 1 lime, chopped garlic and chopped ginger.
3. Put the fish in a deep bowl and pour the marinade on top, mix to cover the fish with the liquid and let it rest for 10 minutes. Remove and reserve.
4. Prepare the batter. In a square container pour the beer, add the vodka, the flour, the baking soda and the salt. Mix with a whisk until smooth. Use immediately or keep in the fridge covered with film. If kept in the fridge take it out 20 minutes before using and mix again with the whisk to loosen up.
5. Remove the fish from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. With a skewer or chop sticks, pick the fish pieces and coat it with flour, remove the excess and place it in the batter to cover with a dense layer.
6. Remove and deep fry, turning the pieces as they brown. Strain to remove the excess oil and place in a container with paper towels.
Vegetarian option - Exchange the fish for beech mushrooms.